Losing just 16 minutes of sleep can affect our next day’s performance-and they say sleep is not important!!
Sleep by definition is a naturally recurring state of mind and body, characterized by altered consciousness, relatively inhibited sensory activity, inhibition of nearly all voluntary muscles, and reduced interactions with surrounding.
Sleep as we know it is an escape, a solution to all problems for some of us. Having a bad day, well I will just sleep it off!
Not knowing what to do, being a little indecisive, let’s just sleep on it!
Sleep is a magical place where we go off to refuel our mind, body and soul. It gives rest to our eyes and other organs that are tired out by functioning the whole day. Alas! Not many of us get our fair share of sleep or a good night’s sleep because of the engagements we have, the commitments and the truck load of work!! The world is moving so fast, technology the faster and humans the fastest!! When it comes to keeping pace with the world or keeping up with the Trends ( not Kardashians, well Maybe them too!!! ) we tend to sacrifice our sleep in a heartbeat, be it losing sleep hours over tough office hours or binge watching the whole season of our favorite TV series, we seem to sacrifice our sleep and not even bat an eyelid over it!
Here today we will unveil some secrets that may or may not shock you a little bit!!
Having a bad day at work? This weeks been a rough one? Had a less than stellar performance review lately? Making bad decisions or daydreaming?
Well, wait before you pin it all up on yourself or your bad luck!
This all may not just be your bad luck but because of losing sleep! Yes, that is correct! SLEEP!
Let’s talk some facts now!
- A recently conducted study found that poor sleep may inhibit or cloud a person’s judgment and may lead to distracting and some off- task thoughts at work.
Solution: Make sleep your priority and it will in turn improve your performance at work!
- Losing as much as 16 minutes of sleep can wreak havoc on us- leading to delayed decision making and even making more mistakes in our routine work.
- Most people complain about feeling more stressed the day after they had a bad night’s sleep, which in turn also strains their relationships with family and friends.
- In Japan, less sleep leads to an annual loss of around 600,000 working days and it is costing the US more than a $400 billion a year. According to experts, the adults should sleep for 7-9 hours a night. It is funny how lack of sleep can affect the entire economies!
- Just 16 minutes less sleep than usual can cause a number of things that are as follows:
- Delayed decision making.
- More stressed the day after.
- It can affect your concentration and focus making them stray to unnecessary things during work.
- It can affect our mental activity, making it slower.
- It makes us more prone to error and mistakes.
- It can have a really bad affect on our productivity during work.
Let me also interest you with a fun fact!
Albert Einstein slept for 10-11 hours a day, good sleep helped him be creative and work wonders!
So, now we know sleep is not just for beauty, to fade those Black or baggy under eyes but it also to be more productive and be the best version of ourselves!
So we should sleep more and save our career which sounds like fun to me, maybe not my Mom, but I will make her read it and then you never know!!
Let’s there be Alarms on Snooze Now!!
Credits: Urooba Akhtar